[Webtest] Hide password in results and reports

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:20:12 +0200

ok. I asked because a long time ago I added a logic for not reporting
parameters of names starting with 'passw', but this has gone meanwhile.
It was a hack anyway.

>  Or did I missunderstand your suggestion in that
> it is possible to apply the <replace> task to the results file directly,
> modifying it in place?

yep. Webtest produces a result xml file and a trailing <style> task
formats this into html.
With ants <replace> task, you can remove your password from the xml file,
see http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/replace.html

happy testing
Mittie