[Webtest] Hide password in results and reports

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:01:58 +0200

Dear Mittie,

thanks again for the pointer to <replace>. I figured out how to do it,
replacing the password from the result xml which obviously hides it from
all generated reports as well.

All the best,
Stefan

                      "Dierk Koenig"
                      <dierk.koenig@cano        To:       <webtest@lists.canoo.com>
                      o.com>                    cc:       (bcc: Stefan Grzybek/PH/Novartis)
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: [Webtest] Hide password in results and reports
                      webtest-admin@list
                      s.canoo.com               Category:       |-------------------------|
                                                                | ( ) Action needed       |
                                                                | ( ) Decision needed     |
                      28-04-2006 15:20                          | ( ) General Information |
                      Please respond to                         |-------------------------|
                      webtest

ok. I asked because a long time ago I added a logic for not reporting
parameters of names starting with 'passw', but this has gone meanwhile.
It was a hack anyway.

>  Or did I missunderstand your suggestion in that
> it is possible to apply the <replace> task to the results file directly,
> modifying it in place?

yep. Webtest produces a result xml file and a trailing <style> task
formats this into html.
With ants <replace> task, you can remove your password from the xml file,
see http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/replace.html

happy testing