[Webtest] How should webtest handle this scenario:

Michael Knapp webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 1 May 2006 14:04:02 -0700

For some reason, I'm encountering webtest hanging on a page that doesn't
hang in all usecases associated with this suite, and doesn't hang when
requesting the page through a browser.

Also, it doesn't throw an error message, it just shows:

[invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - >>>> Start Step: invoke
" HP" (2/141)
[invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.request.AbstractTargetAction) -
->\=20
	gotoTarget by    URL: /rh/index.jsp
[invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.request.TargetHelper) - \
	getting response for url: http://10.1.1.50/rh/index.jsp=20

Then nothing for minutes....

Now, the next request it makes is for a https page, and on this
particular server, when I hit it manually, I get a certificate alert of
the type where a certificate is found, the certificate is valid, but the
certificate  does not match the site.

Could this cause WT to hang without throwing an error?  Should it be
handled with "expectDialog"?

Thanks
mike

T. Michael Knapp