[Webtest] Update of WebTestReport.xsl (R_1304)

Denis N. Antonioli webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 3 May 2006 17:08:05 +0200

Hi Siegfried

On 3 mai 06, at 16:45, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:

> > I don't have examples here that would run for a long enough
> duration,
> > but what it is the impact of this change on the <group>, <not>, ...,
> > which seems to be correct now?
>
> Since I select all nodes down there with the name 'completed' or
> 'failed' I should also pick anything buried under <group> and <not>
> - but honestly I haven't thought about the two tags.

I've just thrown a quick look at the code that generates the xml
report (XmlResultConverter.java).
The value of the duration of a step is the difference between the
start and end timestamps, and
the timestamps are set before, resp. after the execution of the step
itself. Hence, it is not necessary
to add the durations of the children to get the duration of a node.

-> if the duration of a step is not correct, it is a bug in java,
probably in the way the step is called.
That should be fixed in the java code, not patched by the xsl.

Do you have a concrete example of a step whose duration is not correct?

Best
	dna

--
Academics get paid for being clever, not for being right.
   -- Donald Normann