[Webtest] need help with ifstep

Denis N. Antonioli webtest@lists.canoo.com
Sat, 6 May 2006 12:46:52 +0200

Hi Alvin

On 6 mai 06, at 03:57, Alvin Lo wrote:

> I am kind of confused how to use ifStep, what is the next
> condition? Is this ant's condition?
> I have this:
>        <ifStep>
>          <conidtion>
>              <verifyText text="Resource List"/>
>          </condition>

Except for the obvious typo, this looks good ;-)

> And got this exception: (using WebTest_1252)
> ResourceScenario.xml:64: Class
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ConditionTask doesn't support the
> nested "verifyXPath" element.
>
> What did I do wrong?

<ifStep> with a <condition> came first in build 1277 from 4/12/2006.
So your version (1252) of webtest is too old to understand this new
addition to the syntax.

> Second question
> There is a test attribute for ifStep, what kind of expression is it
> expect? Is it have to be xpath?

It just expects a string that have to be 'true' or 'false'.
Look at the first example in <http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/
ifStep.html>.

Happy testing
	dna

--
... an initial underscore already conveys strong feelings of magicalness
to a C programmer.