[Webtest] FW: follow certain frames in redirected pages

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 19 May 2006 09:02:55 +0200

hello, yes  am reading the list ... :-)

actually i just found a bug in our application that prevented the whole
setup i described to work -> once this is fixed i will retry to use
webtests followFrame functionality
-> somehow webtest ( even by producing errors ) helped me to test my
application and find a bug, which is nice :-)

you will hear from me in about 2 weeks time ...

thanks so far,
tobi

Tobias Schelling, Software Engineer
Leica Geosystems AG, CH-9435 Heerbrugg
Phone +41 71 727 4349
E-mail: tobias.schelling@leica-geosystems.com

             Marc Guillemot
             <mguillemot@yahoo
             .fr>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  webtest@lists.canoo.com
             webtest-admin@lis                                          cc
             ts.canoo.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Webtest] FW: follow certain
             18.05.2006 09:07          frames in redirected pages

             Please respond to
             webtest@lists.can
                  oo.com

[does Tobias really read the mailing list?]

Unless you use relative="true", followFrame will look for a frame with the
given name from the top window of the current page. Therefore
<followFrame name="B"/>
should work even if the current response is the content of frame C.

Normally after an invoke of page A, page A should become the current
response even if page A contains iframe B and C. The logic to guess which
page should be considered "naturally" as the current response is a bit
complicated and I can imagine that it's not 100% safe. Please open a bug
issue if you can reproduce the problem with minimal html pages.

Marc.

PS: which version of webtest do you use?