[Webtest] Newbie needs help with cookie testing

mili miranda webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 22 May 2006 19:08:02 +0100 (BST)

Hello everyone,
                      This is my first post at the
canoo mailing list. I'm using Canoo webtest for the
first time and so far, so good. But now, my company is
planning to drop cookies on client machines to provide
a more personalized service. So,
- A first time user accesses the site & if he visits
again in 30 days , he should be able to view his
shopping cart with the added items
- A registered user with the site should be able to
see his name in the top panel , when he uses the same
computer  which would say something like Tom's
account. Not Tom? Sign -in.

I have regression tests which allow for anonymous
checkout.

I need help with-
How do i check for anonymous users(who o not like to
register) ?
For registered users, i can try verifying that the
users' name is displayed in the top navel etc.

I have searched google & canoo forum too, but to no
avail.

Thanks to anyone who can guide me to  a solution.

Thanks,
Mili