[Webtest] Any way to test webservices/SOAP with webtest?

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 24 May 2006 23:04:18 +0200

Hi Michael,

Canoo WebTest is certainly not designed for testing SOAP services.
However, it may be possible. You can use <invoke> to post your
envelope.
But then, what is to verify? Possibly some XPath expressions.
I'm not sure whether this works with the current html parser.

Also, chances are that you want to test some SOAP constraints.

A cool way to test SOAP is via Groovy.
Check out http://groovy.codehaus.org and the GSOAP module.
There is some really cool stuff.

You may even be able to combine that with WebTest, but I'm not
sure that it's worth the effort.

I have no clue whether there are specialized SOAP test tools out
there (SoapUnit?), but I guess there are.

Keep us posted about your progress.

happy testing