[Webtest] script file too long

Paul King webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 26 May 2006 06:32:18 +1000

Luiz Fernando Rodrigues wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I'm using the canoo webtest and my script file is becaming to long.
> Is there a way to break it in modules?

Breaking scripts up can certainly help. If you are using <scriptStep...>
it uses BSF under the covers and BSF provides no support for this directly.
But if your scripting language supports it you can certainly do this.
Some languages (e.g. JavaScript) have support for importing or including
fragments of other scripts, others (e.g. Groovy) can find other scripts
or Java classes containing shared code from your classpath. If you are
using the <groovy...> step, then the groovy comments apply to that.

Cheers, Paul.