[Webtest] Report encoding

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 26 May 2006 02:56:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

there are currently encoding problems in the report generation: the
XmlSerializer used is configured with ISO8859-1 but the OutputStreamWriter
has no configured encoding. This means that the OutputStreamWriter uses the
default encoding of the system.

This leads to problems when default system encoding is not compatible with
ISO8859-1. This is for instance the case for UTF-8 system encoding which is
often the default one for Linux systems.

Furthermore I don't see any reason to "force" ISO8859-1. It may be
acceptable for european languages but will probably cause problems for other
ones (btw: does someone use Webtest to test pages using non-european
languages? How does the report look like?).

To solve this problem, I see different solutions:
- force UTF-8
- use system default encoding correctly (for both serializer and stream
writer)
- add the possibility to configure the encoding in the webtest task (the
last called one would "win")

Any thoughts?

Sent from the WebTest forum at Nabble.com.