[Webtest] NTLM authentication

Lawrence Yi webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:08:23 +1000

Hi Marc,

I stumbled across this problem previously too. I guess the main obstacle
that I was facing was that from discussions there seemed to be a fix for
NTLM authorisation, however, I had no idea of how to implement it in my
test. So, essentially I was doing trial and error but still could not get a
positive result.

When I looked at the information on the NTLM Proxy Patch page on the
community website, the tag that was specified for use did not seem to be
recognised by Webtest. The updated classes, in Webtest that the page
mentions, does not seem to be in the libraries provided, as I checked the
packages that they were supposed to be in from within the jars.

Jochen,

as a temporary measure you can use a software proxy that does NTLM
Authorisation. I am using NTLM authorization Proxy Server v0.9.8 by Dmitry
Rozmanov which has worked for me. I believe webcleaner works as well, which
is a web proxy that does all manner of http filtering with the added bonus
of NTLM Authorisation (not properly tested according to the author).

In saying that, I would love to have Webtest handle NTLM authorisation as it
would be more elegant and allow me to stop using extraneous programs.

Regards,
Lawrence.