[Webtest] Interest for a Webtest Eclipse plugin?

Lawrence Yi webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:50:59 +1000

Excellent idea.

Would love to help, but not knowledgeable or skilled enough. I could do
testing, though.

Cheers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Guillemot [mailto:mguillemot@yahoo.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 June 2006 21:56
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] Interest for a Webtest Eclipse plugin?

Hi all,

I think that a dedicated IDE support for WebTest could bring real confort
and efficienty and I'd like to start a WebTest Eclipse Plugin project as
sub-project (or related project) of WebTest.

Some of the features I can imagine in such a plugin are (unsorted):
- advanced editing support
- WebTest help integration
- wizards to quicky start a new webtest project
- integrated recorder (a bit like the Firefox plugin I've already presented
but integrated in Eclipse)
- a "run as WebTest" command launching selected test within the normal
complete WebTest setup
- a kind of debugger allowing to set breakpoints and visualize the received
pages while the test runs
- the possibility to continue manual or automatic surf from an executed test
- ...

All these features will surely not be present at the first day ;-)

Before starting the project it would be interesting to know:
- if someone has already tried something in this direction
- who would use such a plugin
- if some WebTest users have Eclipse plugin development knowledge and would
like to contribute