[Webtest] [dev] compareToExpected: why are IOException ignored

Paul King webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:00:49 +1000

The original intention (from memory) was that an IOException
that occurred trying to produce the diff message should potentially
be ignored. After several rounds of refactoring, I don't see that
actually being the case anymore. I think you can treat the test
as an over-optimistic coverage test, i.e. delete it but then
add in whatever is required to reach 100% coverage at the end.

I played around with javaxdelta to do a binary diff. It seems to work
well for large changes but seems to sometimes miss changes of less
than 16 bytes in length due to the algorithm used. I am still sorting
out whether that will work. This only affects how useful the reporting
and log messages are rather than functionality.

Cheers, Paul.