AW: [Webtest] memory allocation

Zoth, Jochen webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:35:55 +0200

I had similar memory consumption problems. In my case a module of our =
web application generated during a long running test bigger and bigger =
html-pages about several megabytes per page. webtest needed more and =
more memory to process these "big" pages. Probably the heavily usage of =
xpath in some tests increased memory usage additionally.

Have a look at your "webtest-results" directory where the responses are =
stored.
File sizes of megabytes could caused high memory consumption during the =
webtest run.

Jochen

Von: webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com =
[mailto:webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com] Im Auftrag von Luiz Fernando =
Rodrigues
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Juni 2006 02:35
An: webtest@gate2.canoo.com
Betreff: Re: [Webtest] memory allocation

Hi,
=A0
=A0 It's consuming about 500MB and its taking about 10 minutes to =
execute. I don't have my xml file right now, but tomorrow morning I'll =
answer how many steps I'm using. Usually the steps are becoming slowly =
as the script is executed.=20
=A0
cheers,
Luiz

=A0
2006/6/17, Dierk Koenig <dierk.koenig@canoo.com>:=20
Hi Luiz,
=A0
welcome to Canoo WebTest.
=A0
How much MBs of memory is that? How many tests (steps) do you have? How =
long do they take to execute?
Looking at the generated reports, which steps have an usual long =
'duration'?
=A0
With a quickly responding server, Canoo WebTest executes about 200 =
server roundtrips per minute, see
http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/reports/selftest/WebTestReport.html=20
=A0
cheers