[Webtest] Running Suite with HTML reporting

Troy McGuire webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:47:19 -0700

I'm still trying to figure out how to have build.xml run several other
files (and report in HTML).  I can get one file/script to report in
HTML, but am not sure what's required for that to happen with a suite.

I had asked about this before and was directed to the WebTest samples,
but there is so much going on with various files (and virtually no
comments) that it's difficult to make sense of what I need, and what's
"extra" for my situation.  It looks like to make a build.xml run a suite
all I need to do is:

<target name="suite.batch">
        <ant antfile="test1.xml"/>
        <ant antfile="test2.xml"/>
        <ant antfile="test3.xml"/>
          .
          .
          . etc
Is this assumption correct?  Does each test/file need the elements
required for reporting results, or can that be in the build.xml and log
the results of each test/file that it calls?

Thank You (with great sincerity),

Troy
troy at spawnordie dot com