[Webtest] Canoo webtest for AJAX applications

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:18:40 +0200

Hi Venkatesh,

htmlunit 1.9 (currently shipped with WebTest) only recognizes 1 of the
multiple XMLHttpRequest ActiveX flavours (apparently not the one you
use). This has been fixed in htmlunit's SVN so you can build htmlunit
from its source and use it in place of version 1.9.
Alternatively you can choose to simulate a Mozilla browser as the native
XMLHttpRequest object is supported.

AJAX is supported... to some extend. I suppose that more need to be made
but that WebTest can be a really good solution to test AJAX web
applications. In particularly it could be possible to turn asynchron
request synchron to ensure that tests execute always the same what is
not possible in a normal browser.

Marc.