[Webtest] [dev] Which JRE? Only the one from Sun?

Paul King webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 05 Oct 2006 06:27:02 +1000

There is discussion going on in the Ant mailing list at the moment
related to its use of sun.misc.UUEncoder (they are looking at replacing
it - possibly in time for ant 1.7 - possibly due in the next month or so).
At the moment they are looking into a Geronimo replacement.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/mail/util/

They don't have UUDecode but do have UUDecoderStream.java.
I don't know if there is a smallish jar we can use or whether
an Apache license allows us to re-use some of the source code.
Also, its not clear whether such functionality will already
already (soon) be there within ant 1.7.

When I get some time I will look into this a bit more.
I did find another reference implementation that didn't
look to be that complex for us to rewrite if we had to.

Paul.