[Webtest] [dev] Best hosting for a Maven 2 Plugin?

Denis N. Antonioli webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:31:19 +0200

Hi

it's great to have more developers involved with WebTest!

On 5 oct. 06, at 09:41, Marc Guillemot wrote:

> Hi committers & others,
>
> what would be the best place to put the sources of a maven 2
> WebTest plugin?
> Ejaz Syed seems to have already a plugin he would offer as initial
> contribution and Peter Anning is ready to contribute too. I think
> that this help is welcome.
>
> The different possibilities I see are:
>
> 1- together with WebTest
> 2- as new subproject of WebTest
> 3- in maven-plugins.sourceforge.net
> 4- as new standalone project on SourceForge or somewhere else
>

> (1) would help to ensure that it is always uptodate but will make
> WebTest build process even more complicated.
> (2) would make it like upcoming WebTestClipse and WebTestRecorder.
> Perhaps should an lightweigt strategy be defined to avoid extra
> work for Canoo for each WebTest subproject
> (3) surely a great place for Maven plugins, Perhaps to far away
> from WebTest itself
> (4) surely the easiest way but far away from WebTest and from other
> Maven plugins.
>
> What do you think?

I'm against (1), as the webtest project is already complex enough.

I think (3) is the best solution: I guess it's the place where maven
users would first look for a maven plugin.
And it is only a link away from the main WebTest site, so I don't
think it is 'to far away'.

Best
	dna

--
For some players, luck itself is an art.
   -- The color of money