[Webtest] Re: Webtest for JS and dynamic webpages

Paul King Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au>
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 06:28:28 +1000

Marc Guillemot wrote:
> 2) just curious: why do you need to set
> throwExceptionOnFailingStatusCode to false?

This can be useful for checking the content on custom
401, 404, 500, etc. pages. It lets you get back what
the user would see which in many cases will be a boring
standard message but quite often can be customised and
you want to check that you are actually getting the
customised version.

SOAP faults also return with error code statuses (though
there is debate over what kind of statuses make sense for
WS-I compliance) and you need to get information back out
of them for testing purposes.

Cheers, Paul.
P.S. Both throwExceptionOnFailingStatusCode and
throwExceptionOnScriptError can also be set as an
<option> element within config - but the granularity
comments discussed earlier still apply.