AW: [Webtest] Global page validation tests

Zoth, Jochen Zoth, Jochen" <jochen.zoth@masterbit.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:36:45 +0200

> What do you think is the best way to OPTIONALLY run a standard set of
WebTest steps (mostly VerifyXPath steps)
> against every page in the application?

Don't know if it's the best way, but what about putting them into an
entity you include in every test you want to?

> I'd prefer to simply "turn on" the validation steps and have them run
as part of our regular functional test
> suites.

Put an ifStep, which tests a property, around your validation-code:

<ifStep>
	<condition>
		<verifyProperty name=3D" validation_steps" text=3D"on" />
	</condition>

	... your validation steps ...

</ifStep>

You could dynamically activate your validation by setting the property
to "on", even during runtime using dynamic properties.

Jochen.