[Webtest] Re: Global page validation tests

Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:00:06 +0200

Hi,

I see here 2 interesting issues:

- recurrent check that should occur on each new page. Currently the only
way to do that is to included (for instance with an entity) the
verification checks each time when a new response is received.
This works perfectly and is flexible but it's a bit cumbersome and it's
too easy to forget the verification on some pages. Ideally WebTest
should provide a way to specify (verification) steps that have to be
performed each time a new response has been received. I've had this idea
  on the beginning of the year but WebTest internal didn't provide the
possibility to (easily) implement this. Since the refactoring post 2.1
this should now be possible and the most difficult will be... to find a
good name for this. Suggestions are welcome.

- I think too that it would be helpful to generalize the system of
warnings currently used for the html parser messages. This becomes
important as htmlunit becomes more tolerant what may be useful on one
side but brings less help creating completely correct web applications.

Marc.