[Webtest] Test Recorder ... options

Gary Fay webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:22:17 -0800 (PST)

--0-200547171-1162945337=:96087

 Hello,=0A=0AI looked at Selenium and their test recorder. It seemed to wor=
k but I notice it was throwing errors and it looked like it was writing scr=
ipts for 2 different browsers at once and some lines were throwing error be=
cause of it ...=0A=0AI looked for a recorder for Webtest and found Calypso.=
 It looked like it might do the trick. It was the end of the day and I coul=
d not get the proxy to work (IE on an XP) box. I started the "new test reco=
rd" but could not get my browser to find the localhost on the default port=
=0A=0AHas anyone used Calypso or another tool, to build test scripts, repor=
ts?=0A=0ACan you / would you provide  feedback direct or through the list; =
favorite tools, tips for using Calypso, the proxy. Other tools?=0A=0AThank =
you in advance=0A=0AGary Fay=0A=0A=0A=0A
--0-200547171-1162945337=:96087

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;=
font-size:12pt"><div style=3D"font-family: times new roman,new york,times,s=
erif; font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp;Hello,<br><br>I looked at Selenium and their =
test recorder. It seemed to work but I notice it was throwing errors and it=
 looked like it was writing scripts for 2 different browsers at once and so=
me lines were throwing error because of it ...<br><br>I looked for a record=
er for Webtest and found Calypso. It looked like it might do the trick. It =
was the end of the day and I could not get the proxy to work (IE on an XP) =
box. I started the "new test record" but could not get my browser to find t=
he localhost on the default port<br><br>Has anyone used Calypso or another =
tool, to build test scripts, reports?<br><br>Can you / would you provide&nb=
sp; feedback direct or through the list; favorite tools, tips for using Cal=
ypso, the proxy.
r></body></html>
--0-200547171-1162945337=:96087--