[Webtest] Maven 2 plugin Ant or Java

Peter Anning Peter Anning" <PAnning@dialectpayments.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:46:09 +1000

Hi All,

Ejaz has made available some code that wraps webtest as a Maven 2 Ant
Plugin. Whilst I am very grateful to Ejaz for his code I had expected it
to be a native Maven 2 Java Plugin. All the Maven Plugins that I have
written have been in Java. So my question is does anybody have any
opinions; ant or java?

Java would involve plugining into the webtest api behind the Ant layer.
Is this a good or bad thing to do or is webtest bound tightly to Ant.
Iguess if it is bound tightly to Ant Ejaz's Maven Ant plugin may be the
way to go. If it has been designed to be loosely coupled then maybe I
should look at writing an Ant version.

Best Regards

Peter Anning

Snr. Developer