[Webtest] How to follow Frame which is defined in javascript

Bernd Brenner Bernd Brenner <jkmuc@web.de>
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:45:50 +0100

Hello all,

I have tried to find a clue on my problem in the mailing-archive, but I
was getting confused :-( please forgive when I am doing "double-posting".

I want to test part of a website which is embedded in an iframe. The
iframe is not defined directly in HTML but via javascript:

document.write("<iframe id='followme' name='followme'
src='http://www.hereistheframecontent.com/'>");
document.write("</iframe>");

Now trying the webtest step "followFrame" as

<followFrame name="followme"/>

fails ("Frame not found with name followme").

Obviously the parser doesn't find any HTML code which is rendered by
javascript.

Is it possible to handle this with webtest?

Thanks for any hint,

Bernd