[Webtest] Why do you use WebTest? ;-)

Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:43:59 +0100

Hi all,

why do you use WebTest rather than some other test tool (commercial or
open source)?

Of course I have some ideas on this question ;-) but as WebTest
committer I'm surely not objective when comparing WebTest to others.
While presenting WebTest I've already encountered difficulties to
convince that it was the tool of choice. I think that it occurs
particularly when people don't have any real experience of automated web
application tests and therefore can't understand "real" arguments. From
your experience as WebTest user, what would you say to persuade someone
wanting to start test automation for a webapp to use WebTest rather than
something else?

Marc.