[Webtest] Re: Connection timed out error

John and Pip John and Pip" <pipandjohn@gmail.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:48:19 +1300

------=_Part_106471_12258428.1164617299323

Hi Marc and Paul and everyone,

On 11/24/06, Marc Guillemot <mguillemot@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> re the logs: There is not cruise.console.log.xml or anything like this
> > on my C:\ drive. I tried editing log4j.properties and uncommenting all
> > the logging lines, but can't find where the logs are actually written
> > and not sure whether this was a sensible thing to do anyway. Then I
> > downloaded Ant ( 1.7ORC) and ran it and suddenly millions of screens of
> > output from such a simple command line ("ant")!
>
> never tried with ant 1.7 (yes, I should). Have you tried with Ant 1.6.5?
> Otherwise you can modify the webtest.bat script to remove the logger
> settings.

Thanks. Ant 1.7 works just fine as far as I can see. I was happy to see the
millions of log lines as I had removed the commenting in log4j.properties to
try to see more detail from WebTest without success, so was pleased to see
that your suggestion to use Ant meant I could get this detail. I can then
edit the properties to suit.

[My proxy problem snipped...]

interesting. I think that you've hit a current limitation of WebTest
> (please open a bug issue for it). WebTest just reads the proxy settings

Opened http://webtest-community.canoo.com/jira/browse/WT-246

configured with setproxy but doesn't rely on this mechanism. As far as I
> remember, the nonproxyhosts are not considered currently (perhaps
> htmlunit couldn't handle it at the time we've introduced this
> functionality in WebTest). Until this gets fixed you can use following
> groovy step as workaround within your webtest
> <groovy description="finer proxy configuration">
> step.context.webClient.addHostsToProxyBypass("aklia781")
> </groovy>
> (caution: I haven't executed it therefore it may contain errors ;-))

It works great - thanks! Now have my basic end to end test running.

I think that the community page you refer too is totally outdated. The
> NTLM configuration settings should all be in htmlunit since a long time.
>
> Marc.

I've put a comment in to this effect on the page in case anyone else finds
it from a search.

regards,
        John

------=_Part_106471_12258428.1164617299323

&gt; re the logs: There is not cruise.console.log.xml or anything like this<br>&gt; on my C:\ drive. I tried editing log4j.properties and uncommenting all<br>&gt; the logging lines, but can't find where the logs are actually written

------=_Part_106471_12258428.1164617299323--