[Webtest] RE: Memory Lean in Canoo

Nate Oster Nate Oster" <noster@numbersix.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:31:42 -0500

Rob,
Sorry about that.  No, Ant will NOT automatically determine that the
depends was only run once.

Just declare the doSetup target like this:
	<target name=3D"doSetUp" unless=3D"alreadySetUp">

After doSetup configures your path, variables, and Taskdef, include:
	<property name=3D"alreadySetUp" value=3D"true"/>

That way, every WebTest target can depend on "doSetup", but the doSetup
target will only run once.  This help you avoid OOM exceptions due to
reloading the WebTest taskdef multiple times.

Nate Oster

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:41:02 +1000
From: Rob Manthey <canoo@rob.manthey.id.au>
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: Re: [Webtest] Re: Memory Leak in Canoo

--------------060906060409030806080106

Sorry, I think you may have already answered my question with this ...

    THEN, each target in a WebTest XML file checks that the doSetup was
    already run using Ant's depends attribute, like this:
    	<target name=3D"Test No6" depends=3D"doSetUp">

Does ant's "depends" automatically ensure that doSetUp is only run once=20
no matter how many times it is called in a sequence of targets?  Why=20
then do you set a property of  <property name=3D"alreadySetUp"=20
value=3D"true"/> ?

RM