[Webtest] Push Jaxen implementation of XPath 2

Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:59:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

WebTest uses Jaxen [1] for XPath evaluation. Jaxen currently implements the
XPath 1 specification and tells concerning XPath 2 [2] that "so far little
interest in this has been shown". I'm not an XPath specification expert and
can't evaluate the scope of the changes between the XPath 1 and 2 but I see
that XPath 2 contains for instance some functions that may be usefull (like
those for regular expressions).
I've opened an issue by Jaxen to show my interest in an XPath 2
implementation. If you're interested too, feel free to vote for it (a large
number of vote will surely not magically do the work but will surely show
that current FAQ entry is wrong):

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JAXEN-174

Happy testing,
Marc.