[Webtest] help login page

mamtha lalith mamtha lalith <mamthalalith@yahoo.com>
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 00:21:02 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Marc and Michael
 for the reply and now i know what i have been doing
wrong i just changed my xml file slightly and it
worked
here is my new test file when i gave wrong username or
password still it cameout successfull but the response
page which generated showed me the exact response of
page what wud it happened if the values were incorrect
:D
<project name="property" basedir="." default="main">
<property name="webtest.home" location="c:/canoo"/>
<property name="id" value="a" />
<property name="password" value="a" />
<import file="${webtest.home}/lib/taskdef.xml" />
<target name="main">
<webtest name="new Test" >
<config
	host="" protocol="http" port="8080"
	basepath="profile" summary="true" saveresponse="true"
resultfile="exactlogin.xml"/>
	<steps>
	<invoke description="start page" url="" />
	<setInputField description="username" name="id"
value="${id}" />
	<setInputField description="password" name="password"
value="${password}" />
	<clickButton label="Sign In" description="Click
Submit Button" />
	<verifyText description="The Authenticated Page"
text="Reg"/>

	</steps>
</webtest>
</target>
</project>

thanks for ur help

and regarding the click button the button of type
button seems to be not working and my HTML seems to
have no problem too, i still cant get it done
though i have seen in some archive about the maven
plug in, I did download it yesterday i didnt knew how
actually to use that plugin

thanks again
with regards,
  MamthaLalith