[Webtest] Re: WebTest Cookbook

Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:28:12 +0100

You're welcome! ;-)

A lot of things could/should be done to improve WebTest ... and are just
waiting that someone starts doing them. We are now 4 committers but 3 of
them don't have currently so much time/interest for WebTest. This
committers list isn't definitive at all and we would be happy to welcome
new energies. Even if you're not a programmer I'm sure that you could
contribute to WebTest for instance improving the documentation as you
propose.

If you want to start contributing I will help you as far as I can.
WebTest build process is good because it ensures a high quality but it
is surely too complex and not easy to start with.

Marc.

PS: I don't agree with you on the reason motivating to use WebTest
rather than HtmlUnit to write tests. Even with a good HtmlUnit knowledge
I prefer to specify my tests with WebTest rather than to program them
with HtmlUnit: tests are shorter, more readable and more usable.