[Webtest] Re: webtest cannot handle the lack of a secure certificate in our test environment

John and Pip John and Pip" <pipandjohn@gmail.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:44:03 +1300

------=_Part_77131_21209089.1165999443888

Hi Ralf and anyone else interested,

I followed the instructions below, and once I had the keyword "keystore" to
add to WebTest in google got some better hits to add to my understanding
(including a thread on this forum from early in the year and a good wiki
page).

I did strike one more "trap for young players" before I could get it to
work, which was that I was using a standard config included entity for all
my webtests, and it just has garbage for host, protocol etc, then I put the
full URL in my invoke statements. That had been working up till now, but
means it doesn't pick up the keystore info even with the correct task to do
so. Once I changed the config entry to a valid set of port 443 etc settings=
,
it worked, even if I used different full URLs in my actual invokes.

Thanks heaps - this is one of a few areas that some sceptics at work said
WebTest couldn't handle, but so far they have been wrong each time.

I still have one flow through our system where the session seems to get
destroyed going from non-secure host to a secure one and back again, but
I'll look into that a little more and perhaps post again if I can't figure
it out.

cheers,
         John

On 12/11/06, John and Pip <pipandjohn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks heaps for that Ralf. I can't try it from home (NZ time to 10 pm
> now) as don't have access to work environments, but will try it when I ge=
> in to work tomorrow. Much appreciated.
>
> cheers,
>        john
>
> On 12/11/06, Ralf M=FCller <floyddread@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > as far as I understand it, you have to add the certificate of your
> > webpage to your keystore of trusted certificates.
> > This goes something like this:
> >
> [snip]

------=_Part_77131_21209089.1165999443888

Hi Ralf and anyone else interested,<br><br>I followed the instructions belo=
w, and once I had the keyword &quot;keystore&quot; to add to WebTest in goo=
gle got some better hits to add to my understanding (including a thread on =
this forum from early in the year and a good wiki page).
ould get it to work, which was that I was using a standard config included =
entity for all my webtests, and it just has garbage for host, protocol etc,=
 then I put the full URL in my invoke statements. That had been working up =
till now, but means it doesn't pick up the keystore info even with the corr=
ect task to do so. Once I changed the config entry to a valid set of port 4=
43 etc settings, it worked, even if I used different full URLs in my actual=
 invokes.
k said WebTest couldn't handle, but so far they have been wrong each time.<=
br><br>I still have one flow through our system where the session seems to =
get destroyed going from non-secure host to a secure one and back again, bu=
t I'll look into that a little more and perhaps post again if I can't figur=
e it out.
name">John and Pip</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:pipandjohn@gmail.com">pipandjo=
hn@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
Thanks heaps for that Ralf. I can't try it from home (NZ time to 10 pm now)=
 as don't have access to work environments, but will try it when I get in t=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp; john<span class=3D"q">
lank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">floyddread@g=
mail.com
</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-lef=
t: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1=
ex;">
Hi,<br><br>as far as I understand it, you have to add the certificate of yo=
ur<br>webpage to your keystore of trusted certificates.<br>This goes someth=

------=_Part_77131_21209089.1165999443888--