[Webtest] ifstep

Ryan Keeling Ryan Keeling <ryan.keeling@aepona.com>
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:44:05 +0000

Hi guys

Would like to get your thoughts on something I am trying.

I would like to test my page with data in the database, which will
produce one type of view, then I would like to clear the database and
test the page properly displays, usually a message such as "No data
found to display". I would like to do this as part of the same webtest
script using an ifstep. I have 100 tests and I would like to run through
them all first testing the pages with data in the db, then change a
property so the second part of the ifstep in each test executes, testing
the page with no data in the db.

basically like this
<if db.populated=true>
run test a
</if>
<if db.populated=false>
run test b
</if>

My problem is that I cant seem to set a global property which can be
seen by all 100 test scripts, ideally I would like to set a property in
my main build file which calls all scripts then change this after the
last one has run to run them all again satisfying test b.

Is there an easier way of doing this that I may have overlooked?

Thanks
Ryan