[Webtest] Re: verifyElementText ElementNotFoundException inside "not"

Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:25:22 +0200

Hi Michael,

verifyElementTextTest gets the element by id if an html id is specified
and the HtmlUnit method throws an ElementNotFoundException if no element
is found with this id. As this exception is not catched to be wrapped in
a StepFailedException it gets wrapped in a StepExecutionException which
isn't what the <not> is waiting for.

More generally we've had for perhaps 1 year on this mailing list a
discussion concerning the differences between failures
(StepFailedException) and errors (StepExecutionException) but couldn't
agree on the real distinction criteria. I think that we should look at
it again and probably use only one of them.

Marc.