[Webtest] Resume after failing step

Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:01:57 +0200

haltonfailure and haltonerror both allow to configure if the build
should fail or not. Ie if Ant should stop the execution after </webtest>.
In both cases the execution of the steps is stopped after the failing step.

Generally I think quite strange to continue a test when something
failed. How to consider the results at the end? Correct or not correct?
Nevertheless it may make sense in some cases. Denis mentioned a case to
me last week where he had some <verifyXxxx/> to check the Italian
translation of some text. The application behaved correctly but some of
the texts where wrong and it would have been more useful to complete the
execution and show all wrong texts in one time.

@Christoph
is your case comparable with Denis' one?
Perhaps should you refactor your tests. If you have a long way to go to
a particular page and want to perform different actions from there, what
about splitting it? A first test would just go to the particular page
and store on file session information (probably the cookies that allow
to hold the session). Then each single "test from the particular page"
could just reuse this session by setting the cookie value from what is
read from file. This would give you a far better information in report:
you would see precisely which single "test from the particular page"
works and which fails.

Marc.

 seems the same to me as