[Webtest] Latest build issue - v

Christopher Colebourn Christopher Colebourn <ccolebou@csc.com>
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:30:31 -0400

I have the following element in my page:

Change</span>

The hidden title is specifically used by the web tests to identify what
page is currently displayed (yes, I know we could use the HTML title
element, but we have other requirements for the content of that).

To verify a page title as above I am using:

      <verifyElementText description="Verify the page displayed ok"
htmlId="title" text="Status Change"  />

This worked fine in Canoo 2.1.   I have now downloaded the latest version
R_1541 and it fails with the following messages:

[verifyElementText]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - >>>> Start Step:
verifyElementText "Verify the page displayed ok" (10/12)
[verifyElementText]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Running with:
Canoo Webtest: R_1541.
[verifyElementText]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Exception thrown
from this class: com.canoo.webtest.engine.StepFailedException
[verifyElementText]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Message was: No
element found with id "title".
 INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Running with: Canoo Webtest: R_1541.
 INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Exception thrown from this class:
com.canoo.webtest.engine.StepFailedException

So what has changed?   Why is it not finding the element?  Any ideas?

- Chris Colebourn

CSC/FSG Consulting Principal
Email:            ccolebou@csc.com
Phone:            860-221-2442