[Webtest] jscript error: loadDates is not a function, it is null, and problem in latest code with com_cenqua_clover/g

John and Pip John and Pip" <pipandjohn@gmail.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 23:14:59 +1200

------=_Part_23671_28942255.1176635699174

Hi,

A couple of issues I've had today:

1) I tried building from source today (pretty new at this) and when I ran
the resulting webtest version I got an error: error in taskdef.xml line 22:
"A class needed by class com.canoo.webtest.steps.request.ClickButton cannot
be found: com_cenqua_clover/g". The previous version that I had also built
from source, I think a couple of weeks ago, doesn't give this error. I saw a
couple of old posts suggesting this dependancy is optional and I can comment
something out in the build, but why did I not have to do that before and
what exactly do I do - I'm completely lost? Do I have to take the
webtest.jar from [directory I checked source out to]\deploy\clover and use
it instead of the one in [directory I checked source out
to]build\runtime\lib or something like that?

2) I'm having another go at the Air New Zealand home page. With the recent
build (from a couple of weeks ago as mentioned above) I can now load
www.airnewzealand.co.nz if I turn javascript error checking off. Without
doing that I get:
           <failure filename="C:\webtest\doc\isis\testTest.xml" line="7"
message="JavaScript error loading page http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/:
TypeError: loadDates is not a function, it is null. (Embedded script in
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/ from (3141, 32) to (0, 0)#31)">
                <detail name="javascript error"><![CDATA[TypeError:
loadDates is not a function, it is null. (Embedded script in
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/ from (3141, 32) to (0, 0)#31)]]></detail>
[snip]
    loadDates('', '', '', '',1);
    loadDates('h_', "", "", "", 2);
Neither Firefox 1.5 nor IE 6 has a problem with the page.
I looked at the javascript for the loadDates function and it all looks
normal to me.
Any idea what might be causing this? Is it because the calls to loadDates
are in a div of a form and the function is defined in the head element? With
my limited knowledge that doesn't seem wrong. Is it perhaps just that the
page has absolute shitloads (technical term) of script both in it and in
included js files?

Thanks for all the ongoing work - webtest just gets better and better.

regards,
        John

------=_Part_23671_28942255.1176635699174

com.canoo.webtest.steps.request.ClickButton cannot be found:
com_cenqua_clover/g&quot;. The previous version that I had also built from source, I think a couple of weeks ago, doesn&#39;t give this error. I saw a couple of old posts suggesting this dependancy is optional and I can comment something out in the build, but why did I not have to do that before and what exactly do I do - I&#39;m completely lost? Do I have to take the
webtest.jar from [directory I checked source out to]\deploy\clover and use it instead of the one in [directory I checked source out to]build\runtime\lib or something like that?<br><br>2) I&#39;m having another go at the Air New Zealand home page. With the recent build (from a couple of weeks ago as mentioned above) I can now load
</a> from (3141, 32) to (0, 0)#31)&quot;&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;detail name=&quot;javascript error&quot;&gt;&lt;![CDATA[TypeError: loadDates is not a function, it is null. (Embedded script in <a href="http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/">

------=_Part_23671_28942255.1176635699174--