[Webtest] Out of memory when running WebTest

Tim Miller Tim Miller" <tmiller@edgedynamics.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:40:19 -0700

I added the <enableJavaScript enable=3D"false"/> to each webtest and ran
the tests. System memory remained at about 1.3 GB and tests completed
without running out of memory. Of course all tests failed as JavaScript
is required to have some of the forms appear on the page. With
JavaScript enabled system would be using about 2.9 GB of memory. First
failed step returns:

com.canoo.webtest.engine.StepFailedException: No suitable form found
having field named "field", Step: SetSelectField at
D:\home\qauser01\toolsv40\PortalTests\tests\common\steps\setAlertFilter.
xml:6: with (taskName=3D"setSelectField")

I noticed that each returned page contains a JavaScript definition for
the menu items on the page which is fairly large. Our system uses a
third-party JavaScript package for menu handling.

Tim