[Webtest] Out of memory when running WebTest

Michael Habbert Michael Habbert <Michael.Habbert@netpioneer.de>
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:13:01 +0200

Hi Rob,

Rob Manthey wrote:
> [I finally found the correct address that I am subscribed to this list =
via]
>=20
> Just so you don't think you're "Pat Malone", I have all these same
> problems and have had them since I started using webtest years ago.
> Yes, I have tried all the tips given so far (except the UTF one, that's=

> a new one to me) and I still get the memory usage accumulating until th=
> cpu finally is doing nothing but trying to manage memory and there
> endeth the tests. "kaboom".
> Yes I have a medium (not huge, not trivial) amount of tests doing very
> ordinary things; no radical architecture or js libraries in use.  If yo=
> search back through the archives you'll find a regular history of
> concerns about this memory bloat.  Despite a number of on and off list
> attempts to crack the problem on my set of tests, I still have the
> problem and I split my tests into 3 large but consumable groups run via=

> a *shell script* to absolutely dump the jvm between tests.  This works
> but its grotty - I would get "marked down in an exam" - so I wouldn't b=
> shouting it from the rooftops as a success.
> RM
[...]

I do have the same problem with the memory an a large amount of tests. Wh=
en I got in charge with the=20
webtests of our project each webtest called - starting a new jvm - to avo=
id OutOfMemoryExceptions. ;-)
We did this with ant-functionality not by shell-script. So if there is no=
thing wrong with our=20
webtest-setup we share the memory bloat.

Regards
--=20
Mit freundlichen Gr=C3=BC=C3=9Fen

Michael Habbert