[Webtest] QUERY: Why my property is not visible anymore.....

Dhruba Bandopadhyay Dhruba Bandopadhyay" <dhruba.bandopadhyay@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:03:17 +0100

1. If one uses the followFrame, will the javascript in one page still be
able to reference/activate/use other frames? If so, why not call this
function selectFrame because followFrame makes it sound like use only this
frame (as top) whilst the other frames are gone.

2. I understand dynamic properties only exist within steps. Then we use
storeProperty as ant type. Is it normal that we can only access this ant
property within the target tag? Because I can't seem to access it outside
the target tag nor the project tag. If we can only have one webtest in the
target tag, what use is converting to ant property if it can only be
accessed inside target (even though outside steps & webtest tags).

Taking the Sample files as an example:
a) AllUseCasesTestSuite.xml
b) UseCases\LoginAndStep.xml

LoginAndStep.xml uses storeProperty within a step to convert to ant type. I
used echo to verify:

LoginAndStep.xml
<project>
  <target>
    <webtest>
      <steps>
        <storeProperty/>
      </steps>
    </webtest>
    <echo><!-- visible here as ant type -->
  </target>
  <echo><!-- not visible anymore, why??? -->
</project>

AllUseCasesTestSuite.xml
<project>
  <target>
    <ant>
    <echo><!-- not visible anymore, why??? -->
  </target>
  <echo><!-- not visible anymore, why??? -->
</project>

Ideally I would like a login session to persist over a whole testsuite. Is
this possible? I need to store the session string in that case.