[Webtest] QUERY: Why my property is not visible anymore.....

Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:09:16 +0200

Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
> 1. If one uses the followFrame, will the javascript in one page still be
> able to reference/activate/use other frames? If so, why not call this
> function selectFrame because followFrame makes it sound like use only this
> frame (as top) whilst the other frames are gone.

choosing the right name is often more complicate than implementing the
functionality.
followFrame exists since a long time (even before I started using
WebTest) and you're the first one who complains.
I agree that selectFrame would't be a bad idea either but...
If you want to use it as "selectFrame", you just need to change the task
declaration.

Otherwise followFrame just allows to specify where you want to "work".
It has no impact on js execution.

> 2. I understand dynamic properties only exist within steps. Then we use
> storeProperty as ant type. Is it normal that we can only access this ant
> property within the target tag? Because I can't seem to access it outside
> the target tag nor the project tag. If we can only have one webtest in the
> target tag, what use is converting to ant property if it can only be
> accessed inside target (even though outside steps & webtest tags).

Ant "feature": properties defined in a called project aren't visible in
the caller project.

> Ideally I would like a login session to persist over a whole testsuite. Is
> this possible? I need to store the session string in that case.

I would store it in a file using the echo / property tasks. It has the
advantage that it is preserved upon 2 runs. This is really helpful
during test conception.

Marc.