[Webtest] No dynamic property in storeRegEx

Denis N. Antonioli Denis N. Antonioli" <denis.antonioli@canoo.com
Mon, 21 May 2007 11:40:00 +0200

Hi

On 21 mai 07, at 09:49, Marcel St=F6r wrote:

> If I remove propertyType=3D"ant" or use propertyType=3D"dynamic", =
<echo =20
> message=3D"${myMenuItemUrl}" /> will print ${myMenuItemUrl} instead =20=

> of the real value. Why is that?

See <http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/properties.html>
You need a hash '#' to access a dynamic property, like:
<echo message=3D"#{myMenuItemUrl}" />

> This wouldn't be such a big deal if I only had this one menu item =20
> to check, but - and this is my second question - I want to repeat =20
> the above for each menu item. Of course, in a somewhat dynamic =20
> maner... I'd like to define a collection of myMenuItemText (is part =20=

> of my regex above) values and have the above repeated. How to go =20
> about that?

The repeat step <http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/repeat.html> =20=

may be the simplest solution.

Otherwise, groovy can inject any kind of code inside a webtest ;-)

Happy testing
	dna

--=20
Furthermore, Linux is way behind Windows in its evolution towards
being completely for dummies.
   -- Al Stevens, Dr Dobb's Journal, March 2001