[Webtest] No dynamic property in storeRegEx

Marcel Stör marcel@frightanic.com
Wed, 23 May 2007 11:13:56 +0200

Hi,

> Here are a few lines form a test I did today that seems to match the
> logic you describe and works OK:
>
>         <repeat description = "for each line in AKL page" startCount==
"1"
> count="5" countername="line" >
>             <storeRegEx text="(\d+,)(\d+,)(\d+,)(\d+,)(\d+,)"
> group="#{line}" property="Price" propertyType="dynamic"/>
>             <echo message="price using RegEx of #{Price}" />
>
> The only problem I have is being crap at regex I don't like the way I
> have to repeat the group.
>
> If that isn't what you are trying to do, perhaps you need to give the
> exact problem...

Well, the site I'm testing generates JavaScript menus. And since the app
runs on a IBM Portal Server all the URLs are dynamically generated. At
startup all the menu items are loaded into a JS array and only added to
the DOM on mouseover. Hence, DOM-based operations are not applicable.

So, I want to parse all the navigation links out of that crappy JS code
(the number of links varies), invoke each link, and do a few general
tests on each page navigated to.

Constraints: can't use XPath (see first paragraph), need to use regex,
don't know the max. repeat count, don't want hard-code menu item labels
(i.e. parts of regex) in test script.

Regards,
Marcel

--