[Webtest] Can webtest behaviour be modiffied?

Tue, 29 May 2007 15:14:24 +0200

> Francisco Javier Martin Gutierrez wrote:
>> I am in trouble with a javascript function because webtest does not
>> act as
>> internet explorer. There is a difference. When you click on a page
>> element
>
> If you expect to behave Webtest like Internet Explorer you're probabely
> barking up the wrong tree. Webtest - or HtmlUnit rather - shouldn't act
> as either IE, Firefox, Safari or whatever. It should behave like a
> standards compliant script engine.

???
what is a standard compliant script engine?

WebTest tries to simulate IE per default and can be configured to
simulate FF. The differences are mainly in the script interpretation but
not only there (like default type for <button ...>, ....)

So HtmlUnit does try to behave like normal browsers while providing
information to help creating standard compliant applications.

Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com