[Webtest] dbUnit Integration/Failure

Goldberger, Michael Goldberger, Michael" <mgoldberger@otn.ca
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:31:53 -0400

It is not that failing tests are an acceptable part of the suite, but we do=
 recognize that sometimes, some tests fail in a constantly changing web-app=
=2E Our continuous integration build is run every night and a dbUnit task c=
ausing the entire ant build to fail causes a lot more havoc then 1 failed w=
ebtest inside a suite of hundreds=2E=0D=0A=0D=0AThe only way I have so far =
implemented dbUnit is by adding the jars to the /lib folder and adding the =
taskdef in the webtest runner files=2E=0D=0A=0D=0AIf there is another, easi=
er (or better integrated) way to use dbUnit I'm all ears but so far I can't=
 seem to get around this method and hence posed the question of integrating=
 dbUnit into a webtest step or, how I could cause the build not to fail and=
 stop entirely on a dbUnit task=2E=0D=0A=0D=0AHope that explains everything=
 and that maybe somebody has an idea or the list can brainstorm one out=2E=
=0D=0A=0D=0AThanks in advance,=0D=0A=0D=0AMike=0D=0A=0D=0A-----Original Mes=
sage-----=0D=0AFrom: webtest-admin@lists=2Ecanoo=2Ecom [mailto:webtest-admi=
n@lists=2Ecanoo=2Ecom] On Behalf Of Michael Habbert=0D=0ASent: Wednesday, J=
une 06, 2007 2:16 AM=0D=0ATo: webtest@lists=2Ecanoo=2Ecom=0D=0ASubject: Re:=
 [Webtest] dbUnit Integration/Failure=0D=0A=0D=0AHi Michael,=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=
=0AGoldberger, Michael wrote:=0D=0A> Hi all,=0D=0A> =0D=0A>  =0D=0A> =0D=0A=
> We have been attempting to integrate dbUnit into our test framework and =
=0D=0A> I have run across a problem=2E The task itself runs fine (normally)=
, =0D=0A> however when the dbUnit step fails inside a webtest, the entire a=
nt =0D=0A> build fails=2E We also use cruisecontrol for continuous integrat=
ion builds =0D=0A> every night and having a build fail completely due to on=
e step inside =0D=0A> one test (quite a large suite) is completely unaccept=
able for our purposes=2E=0D=0A> =0D=0A>  =0D=0A> =0D=0A> My question to all=
 then is, is there any way to more closely integrate =0D=0A> dbUnit into We=
bTest or any way to force the build to continue upon a =0D=0A> dbUnit step =
failing?=0D=0A[=2E=2E=2E]=0D=0AThe question for me is: how do you integrate=
 dbunit into your webtests?=0D=0ARecently we did a little - first step - in=
tegration of dbunit but outsite the webtest-task=2E=0D=0A=0D=0Abtw=2E why i=
s your dbunit-task failing, sometimes?=0D=0AWhat do you want to achieve wit=
h this db-unit-task if failing is acceptable?=0D=0A=0D=0A-- =0D=0AMit freun=
dlichen Gr=FC=DFen=0D=0A=0D=0AMichael Habbert=0D=0A=0D=0A__________________=