[Webtest] Strange case of Seam RichFaces and WebTest

Valdis Rigdon vmr3@cornell.edu
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:38:38 -0400


I think it's the same issue; we are making AJAX calls as well.  These
are making it to the backend, and the response is being returned
correctly, but "due lack of support for XMLDocument.getElementById
when namespace specifies html" isn't not updating the current page and
modifying the DOM.



Valdis


On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Harihara Vinayakaram <hvram1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the pointers but I think my problem is slightly different . Let
> me try and explain what I think is happenning :
>      I have an ajax call which is made after an entry is made for input box
> 3 in the form .
>  From what I understand from the webtest logs it looks like that the webtest
> makes the call to the backend and then I see a message that says responses
> restored and the other form fields are not submitted . . Hope what I am
> saying makes sense
>
> Regards
> Hari
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Valdis Rigdon <valdis.rigdon@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>
> > We've hit the same thing with any AJAX enable Rich Faces component.
> > See http://webtest-community.canoo.com/jira/browse/WT-375.
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:47 AM, Harihara Vinayakaram <hvram1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >     I have an application that uses JBoss Seam 2.0 and RichFaces 3.1.1 .
> One
> > > of the forms has support for ajax using the a:support and a:region tags
> of
> > > RichFaces
> > >     If I disable the ajax support then I am able to submit the form ,
> but
> > > the ajax support seems to change the form response . I tried going thru
> the
> > > manual but I am not able to find any solution
> > >      Can you give me any pointers on how to test this application .
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Hari
> > >
> >
>
>