[Webtest] classpath issue

Lisa Crispin Lisa Crispin" <lisa.crispin@gmail.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:57:30 -0600

------=_Part_23670_15503837.1214949450487

Hi,

I run build 1710 with no problems on both Windows and Linux. I had run an
earlier version on my mac with no problems, but only recently tried the new
version there. I have a classpath issue, I get an error
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTale.installFunction(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Class:).

One of my colleagues helped me try to debug it. If we move xalan-2.7.0.jar
from the webtest lib directory to ant's lib directory, then it works, it
seems to be able to find everything else.

Can anyone tell me how I might debug this further to find out why it can't
find the xalan jar file normally? I set the webtesthome property in the ant
command line. I read on the list that if you use webtest.sh instead of ant
to run, you can avoid classpath issues, but I don't have the time right now
to figure out how to go about doing this (especially since the same version
of WebTest runs fine on three other machines). I'm just out of ideas how to
debug it.

Thanks,
Lisa

------=_Part_23670_15503837.1214949450487

Hi,<br><br clear="all">I run build 1710 with no problems on both Windows and Linux. I had run an earlier version on my mac with no problems, but only recently tried the new version there. I have a classpath issue, I get an error java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTale.installFunction(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Class:). <br>

------=_Part_23670_15503837.1214949450487--