[Webtest] Re: richFaces Ajax + content not updated (Keusch Florian)

Paul Beck Paul Beck" <pbeck@nearinfinity.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 12:15:15 -0400

Florian,

It appears this is the same issue I was seeing attempting to use
WebTest against the Petstore 2.0 application. The suggested solution
to use <verifyXPath> does not seem viable, as what I want to do is to
verify the content displayed, not the existence/validity of a link or
object on the page. Perhaps I don't understand how <verifyXPath>
works. At any rate, since Watir and Selenium handle this situation
quite nicely by inserting a pause/sleep to wait for the content to be
rendered, I don't understand why WebTest cannot work the same. As I
noted in a prior post, if you attempt to cause WebTest to wait for the
completed response by inserting a <sleep> or by setting the <config>
option "easyAjax", WebTest will go into a loop.

Paul Beck