[Webtest] Problem with ajax content update

Steve Chikwaya Steve Chikwaya" <stavarotti@gmail.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:07:44 -0500

------=_Part_55595_25120723.1216321664486

Hi Marc,

Where would I set <config easyajax="true"/> if my js libs don't make
intensive use of setInterval?

Thanks

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Marc Guillemot <mguillemot@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Steve Chikwaya wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Our intranet homepage has ajax content that loads independent of other
> > elements on the page.  The initial display is that of a string
> > Since there is no page refresh, webtest captures the "Loading..." string
> > and sticks with that until a link is clicked, essentially voiding any
> > type of text or link verification associated with the ajax content.  Is
> > there anyway that I can perform the tests after the whole page,
> > including the ajax content, has loaded without having to navigate around
> > the page for fresh page hits?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -STeve Chikwaya.
>
> there is currently no "perfect" solution for that. If your js libs don't
> make intensive use of setInterval, <config easyajax="true"/> should be
> perfect, otherwise a sleep (or a call to HtmlUnit's API) at the
> problematic places should do the work.
>
> Cheers,
> Marc.
> --
> Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com

I'm not the person your mother warned you about... her imagination isn't
that good!

------=_Part_55595_25120723.1216321664486

&gt; Hi everyone,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Our intranet homepage has ajax content that loads independent of other<br>
&gt; elements on the page. &nbsp;The initial display is that of a string<br>
&gt; &quot;Loading..&quot; after which the ajax content is retrieved and displayed.<br>
&gt; Since there is no page refresh, webtest captures the &quot;Loading...&quot; string<br>
&gt; and sticks with that until a link is clicked, essentially voiding any<br>
&gt; type of text or link verification associated with the ajax content. &nbsp;Is<br>
&gt; there anyway that I can perform the tests after the whole page,<br>
&gt; including the ajax content, has loaded without having to navigate around<br>
&gt; the page for fresh page hits?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt; -STeve Chikwaya.<br>
make intensive use of setInterval, &lt;config easyajax=&quot;true&quot;/&gt; should be<br>
perfect, otherwise a sleep (or a call to HtmlUnit&#39;s API) at the<br>
problematic places should do the work.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Marc.<br>