[Webtest] basic ajax test

Andrea Casalicchio Andrea Casalicchio <andrea_2gi@hotmail.com>
Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:42:22 +0200

--_4d824a93-386d-4fa9-a5a6-4f2e33705f59_

Hello everyone=2C=20
I'm a newbie in webtest and I'm trying to create a test suite for my ajax f=
unctions=2C but i'm experiencing a big problem.
I've got a simple form with tooltip loaded trough ajax in a cell at the rig=
ht of each field: when you give focus to the form field ajax gets the toolt=
ip from mysql and fills the table cell with a string.using webtest i can co=
nnect to the page=2C check its title=2C use clickElement to click the first=
 field in the list=2C but when i try to verify that the cell content has be=
en updated i always find it empty.I've tried lots of different steps reachi=
ng the cell content with xpath but the content never gets updated=2C what s=
hould i do? i'm making some mistake in my assumption? is there any step tha=
t i should use to accomplish this task?thanks in forward=2C have a nice day=
.
=20
Andrea
Sono arrivati i supereroi di Messenger! Scarica le emoticon di Hero!
http://intrattenimento.it.msn.com/emoticon/hero  =

--_4d824a93-386d-4fa9-a5a6-4f2e33705f59_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Hello everyone=2C <BR>
I'm a newbie in webtest and I'm trying to create a test suite for my ajax f=
unctions=2C but i'm experiencing a big problem.<BR>
I've got a simple form with tooltip loaded trough ajax in a cell at the rig=
ht of each field: when you give focus to the form field ajax gets the toolt=
ip from mysql and fills the table cell with a string.<BR>using webtest i ca=
n connect to the page=2C check its title=2C use clickElement to click the f=
irst field in the list=2C but when i try to verify that the cell content ha=
s been updated i always find it empty.<BR>I've tried lots of different step=
s reaching the cell content with xpath but the content never gets updated=
=2C what should i do? i'm making some mistake in my assumption? is there an=
y step that i should use&nbsp=3Bto accomplish this task?<BR>thanks in forwa=
rd=2C have a nice day.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Andrea<BR><br /><hr />Windows Live Messenger <a href=3D'http://www.messenge=
r.it/Messenger/Button/Default.aspx' target=3D'_new'>Firma le tue e-mail con=
 Messenger!</a></body>

--_4d824a93-386d-4fa9-a5a6-4f2e33705f59_--