[Webtest] Re: VerifyLinks

Rinkesh Bansal Rinkesh Bansal" <rinkesh_bansal@persistent.co.in
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:14:19 +0530

Hi David,

There are 3 solutions to your problem.  Listing them all with pros and cons:

1. Use <option name="ThrowExceptionOnScriptError" value="false"/>
All the javascript errors will be suppressed. Execution   will not halt
because of javascript errors, but page execution halts whenever it hits any
javascript errors. This will be applicable to complete script.

2. use ignoreForeignJSErrors
This ignores the javascript errors on the visited page if host is different
from the current page

3. <enableJavaScript enable="false" />
This will not call javascript at all.  This could be used inside steps and
at your will for specific part of your code.

Based on your requirement you can use anyone of them.  We have used all the
3 options in our automation.

Thanks & Regards,
Rinkesh Bansal | Team Lead | Persistent Systems Ltd
rinkesh_bansal@persistent.co.in  | Cell: +91 93261 76376 | Tel: +91 (20)
3023 6792
Innovation in software product design, development and delivery-
www.persistentsys.com